Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Yummy Banana Bread

One of the easiest things I make that my family Loves is my banana bread.  I like that it is super easy to make, fun for the kids to help and it isn't that bad for you!

Here's what you need...


3/4 cup of sugar
1 applesauce cup
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 bananas

So just a few things.  Normally for banana bread you would use butter instead of applesauce.  I am here to tell you that you don't need that butter.  I am a big fan of butter when it makes the treat taste better...but this banana bread actually tastes better with the applesauce.  I have even used the apple sauce with cinnamon and it is really good as well.  And you could also use a sugar substitute too to make it even healthier.  

If you are like me...your bananas look like this before you know it.  If you have a minute to make bread...this is the time!  But if you are busy, peel them and throw them in a ziplock and pit them in the freezer.  They will be just time till you are ready to thaw them out to make bread. 


I try to find ways my kids can help on the kitchen without making a huge mess...Or driving me crazy!  Mashing the bananas is Perfect for kids.  They should look like this when they are done.  



After that you just toss all the other ingredients in stir it up?

Bake it in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Place bread n a cooling rack after it comes out of the oven.  

Once it cools a bit, you MUST cut a slice and at it warm...So Yummy!


Enjoy!

No comments: