Monday, July 22, 2013

Hall Tree Makeover

A few weeks ago I was itching to paint something.  I love painting old pieces of furniture.  It is an instant change and makes me fall in love with the piece like it's new again.

Zach's aunt gave him this hall tree years ago.  It has always been a functional piece for us...but never reflected our style.  

I took it out to my workshop...okay, patio.


I couldn't wait to see how it would look with a fresh coat of paint!  First I took the hardware off.  I wanted to take off the mirror, but It was a little more work than I wanted to deal with so I left it on.  


The hardware got a fresh coat of white spray paint...so pretty!


And the hall tree got painted a pretty light green color... 


It looks so much better and was a much needed touch of color in our bland living room.


No comments: