Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The sweetest girl...

Oh - my daughter is the sweetest girl. Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to enjoy the moment. Tonight - I fully enjoyed it and I'm so glad I did. Here's what happened...

I came home with both kids after work tonight, made dinner, played, gave baths, changed diapers, did the dishes and cleaned up. Time for bed...which is oh so much fun with a 2 year old and a 9 1/2 month old. They really are pretty good - but Chase is usually ready for his bottle and bed about the same time that Emma is ready to sit on the potty 43,000 times. (Yeah - gotta work on this one. I'm determined that we should only go 2 times before bed - but she's got me beat right now!)

After all the potty trips, 2 books and tucking everyone in I went downstairs to clean up some more. About 45 minutes later, I went upstairs and heard Emma talking in bed. I went in to find her naked - yes completely naked - laying in bed talking to a picture of her (as a baby) and daddy. She told me she was sleeping naked (which sounds so funny coming out of her mouth) and then informed me she had to potty - Of Course! So we did - and we went - twice. In the midst of all of this we spent some very quality time talking about all sorts of things. When we finally were done - I took her back to bed and she said - "mommy rocky me" - Ah - how could I resist. My big girl never wants to rock! So we did. We cuddled, rocked and whispered so not to wake up my sleeping boy in the crib next to us.

So the moral of tonight is - if your sweet baby (big) girl asks you to rock - you do. And you love every minute of it!!!

I love you Big Girl!

No comments: