Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Times!


Emma in her Sunday Dress! Thanks Marilyn!!!


We have been so busy lately! I know it's been a long time since I've posted - but things have been so crazy around here that I haven't had a lot of time. Since the last real post - we've lost our power (thanks Ike!), had visitors, changed jobs and Emma has been growing like Crazy!



So first, hurricane Ike winds blew through Louisville and knock down a lot of power lines and tress and took out our power from Sunday at noon until Tuesday morning. Our fridge was in coolers and we did everything at night by the light of our camping lanterns. We cooked on the grill outside and listened to the radio at night. Wow - electricity is Wonderful! Monday while the power was off, Emma came to work with me for the day. My office had power, but home and daycare didn't. She had a Great time and I Loved having her there. She was so good - she walked around the office with different people and then I had her on a blanket in my office the rest of the day. She sat there and played and took 2 naps and just acted like it was normal! Wish I could have her there everyday!


The day after the power came back on we had Justin and Tyler visit for the UofL vs K-State football game. We went to the game on Wednesday night while Louisville Grandma Barb kept Emma (Thanks Barb -You're the best!). Then on Thursday the boys went to watch the Ryder Cup practices all day and then Gaslight Festival parade that night. We had a great time at Emma's 1st Parade!




Justin and Emma at Gaslight Parade


Emma and Daddy at Gaslight Parade


Zach, Emma, Justin and Val at Gaslight Parade


The following Monday I started a new job. I'm still with the same company but I'm now the Marketing Coordinator for Semonin Realtors. I changed offices so it's been an adjustment but I'm really liking it so far. I have lots to learn but wonderful people there to teach me. I'm really enjoying getting back to what I enjoyed doing and I think having been in a sales office for a few years will really help to create some valuable marketing for the agents. Although - I Miss my Central office family a ton!


Emma has been so busy growing a learning new things. Everyday I wonder what Zach and I did to get such a perfect little angel. She is the most wonderfull baby and I can't imagine life without her. She and I have been very busy here this weekend trying to clean up and get ready for another work week and Zach has been to work this weekend every morning at 5 AM! Poor Zach! In a few days we'll be headed back to Kansas City and Iowa to visit all our family. We can't wait to see everyone!

Football season is Here - Can you guess who we're cheering for???






I'll try to post more often as things settle down here a little!

No comments: