Friday, November 21, 2008

9 Months Old



Our 9 month old photo shoot was the toughest by far! It's way too exciting to eat the paper. This is an outfit from a friend of mine and I love the hat - however Zach thinks it's silly!



At our 9 month check-up everything was good except Emma needs to gain weight. She only weights 15 lbs + and has dropped below the 5th percentile. So we're increasing her milk - which has prompted me to decide that it's time to quit nursing. I've though long and hard and it just didn't make sense for me to pump 3 times a day and only make enough for 1 full bottle (with not enough left to make a second). I feel like I've done a good job and I really wanted to continue but her growing is more important. So we're starting to wean her this week and we'll see how it goes - I'm still planing on nursing her for her first and last feeding as long as I can. Hopefully my body will be smart (for once) and it will continue to make a little milk!


Today (Friday) I got a call from daycare at 11 AM saying Emma woke up from her nap with a 102 degree temperature. So I'm home with her this afternoon. She's been really sleepy and clingy - but not all that unhappy. I'm hoping she'll sleep it off for the most part!




Countdown to Turkey day - only 5 days left!!!

No comments: